Appointments: (855) 436-7792 | Request Form
Learn more about eating disorder treatment NJ here. All major private insurances accepted.
Millions of Americans struggle with eating disorders, but very few receive the professional help they need to overcome these debilitating and potentially fatal disorders.
Did you know?
- More than nine percent of Americans struggle with an eating disorder.
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa affect .9 and 1.5% of women, respectively.
- Binge eating disorder affects nearly three percent of all adults in the US.
- Eating disorders are more fatal than any other psychiatric illness. Without treatment, as many as one in five individuals with an eating disorder will die.
- Only one in 10 people with an eating disorder receive treatment.
Statistics from the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD). Read more statistics here.
Eating Disorder Treatment NJ — The HEAL Program
GenPsych’s Healthy Eating And Living (HEAL) Program offers premier Partial Care (PC) and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) for eating disorders in Bridgewater, Brick, and Lawrenceville, NJ.
Who is the program for?
GenPsych treats both adolescents (13+) and adults* who are struggling with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorders NOS (not otherwise specified). Our clients may be stepping down from an inpatient level of care, or taking the first steps in their recovery.
*Our Lawrenceville program is for adults only.
Who is involved in treatment?
Our clients meet with licensed psychiatrists, licensed professional counselors, social workers, dietitians, and other related professionals during treatment. Other mental health and substance abuse professionals are available for those coping with co-occurring disorders.
We work closely with other supportive services, such as primary care physicians, behavioral healthcare providers, employers, schools, and family members as needed to ensure a continuity of care.
What can clients expect from treatment?
Clients in our Partial Care Program will attend program five days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6.5 hours each day. During their day, they will have two group monitored meals.
Clients in our Intensive Outpatient Program will attend program three days per week (morning and evening times available depending upon day and location– read more here) for 3.5 hours each day. During their day, they will have one group monitored meal.
- Initial comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Daily meal planning and supervision
- Daily vitals and weight monitoring with a registered dietitian
- Individual and group therapy
- Multi-family groups*
- Medication management
- Aftercare planning and psychiatric referrals
- Transportation accommodations available as needed
*Our Multi-Family Group is available to family members and caregivers. We provide them with the opportunity to participate in a session with the client and learn the skills necessary to help them with their recovery at home.
How can I schedule an appointment?
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, you can call our admissions line at (855) 436-7792 or fill out an appointment request form here.
Our admissions specialists are able to run your insurance* to ensure coverage, and will schedule you for an initial evaluation with a psychiatrist, who will determine the best course of action for treatment.
*We accept all major private insurances.
Learn more about our eating disorder treatment NJ here.