The Advanced Nurse Practitioner is responsible for delivering care, treatment and services in accordance with the permitted scope of practice to individuals receiving care in the Partial Care, Intensive Outpatient, and Outpatient settings.
Job Functions and Duties:
- Assess and evaluate patients appropriately and record diagnostic impression.
- Demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge and sound clinical practice for the target population receiving mental health, dual diagnosis and substance abuse treatment services.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with clinical standards and the direction of the Joint Protocol Agreement.
- Provides continual treatment-plan management, and evaluations in accordance with excellent care and age-appropriate standards.
- Follow GenPsych policies and procedures with regard to the delivery of care, treatment, and services.
- Maintains timely clinical documentation in accordance with GenPsych policies.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all clients, their families, and other employees, in support of the organization’s mission.
- Actively collaborates with treatment team staff and seeks continual guidance from the Collaborating Physician.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Masters of Science in Nursing; and
- New Jersey Advanced Practice Nurse licensure with prescriptive authority in good standing; and
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or eligibility of certification; and
- Valid Registration as a Provider of Controlled Dangerous Substances with the State of New Jersey and United States Department of Justice; and
- Previous mental health experience.
- Substance Abuse & Detoxification experience.
Positions available at our Hamilton & Brick facilities