A Billing Representative is responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments.This position is also responsible for submitting claims and following-up with insurance companies.
Job Functions and Duties:
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
2. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
4. Prepares, reviews, and sends patient statements.
5. Evaluates patient’s financial status and established budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
6. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor; also prepares information for the collection agency.
7. Performs daily backups on office computer system.
8. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
9. Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit.
10. Attends weekly and monthly staff meetings.
11. Maintains confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
12. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications:Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience. Education or coursework in medical coding is desired. Candidates must possess the following:
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of basic medical coding and their party operating procedures and practices.
3. Ability to operate multi-line telephone system
4. Professional attitude.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and employees.
6. Ability to operate basic computer systems.
7. Organized and detailed oriented
8. Medical Billing and coding certificate.
9. Must have Medicaid & Medicare experience.
Full-time, Monday-Friday 8 AM-4 PM