This position will consist of finding referral sources and coordinating all discharges. The Discharge Planner will act as a liaison between the therapist and referral source.
Job Functions and Duties:
- Represent GenPsych, P.C. and serve as the main liaison and point of contact for GenPsych in the community and all community professionals: psychiatrics, pediatricians, family practitioners, therapists, social workers, clinicians and general public.
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to meet clients’ psychological and social needs.
- Attend scheduled treatment plan meetings, providing input to and being receptive to input from other members of the treatment team.
- Interact professionally and respectfully with clients, families, and staff in performance of daily duties.
- Coordinate termination planning and communicate plans clearly to clients, their family, and all other providers involved with the client.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Masters Degree in the social sciences or related field; or
- Bachelors Degree and two years of experience in the mental health field.