The Senior Program Administrator is responsible for directing the daily operations of the assigned program(s) and implementing administrative policies and procedures in order to attain program goals and objectives. The Senior Program Administrator provides comprehensive oversight of the program including responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating and making recommendations concerning the delivery of services at the assigned GenPsych location.
Job Functions and Duties:
- Assume overall responsibility for all administrative staff and procedures on site.
- Responsible for overall productivity of the program to meet GenPsych goals and standards.
- Provides direct oversight of all administrative staff of the program, staff training, evaluates workers’ performances and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Makes programmatic and administrative recommendations to enhance the fulfillment of GenPsych’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee matters of personnel, budgeting, billing and collection, equipment outlays, planning and patient flow.
- Develop and refine program components.
- Keep a log of patient attendance and census throughout assigned programs to provide a census of weekly and monthly attendance.
- Assist with the flow of documentation from patient admission to discharge.
- Maintain and update a current log of patient, therapist, and physician assignments.
- Monitor program resources.
- Direct the training, education, and orientation of administrative staff and maintain a program for self-development.
- Assist the Site Director/ Program Director to ensure the program remains in compliance with various regulatory bodies including JCAHO, Medicare, Medicaid, and the New Jersey Division of Mental Health.
- Participate in the preparation and revision of policies and procedures pertaining to GenPsych’s overall service programs.
- Conduct monthly performance improvement groups with management.
- Participate in scheduled Senior Program Administrator and Performance Improvement (P.I.) meetings.
- Assist with crisis management.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong previous experience working in an administrative capacity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a customer service disposition and teamwork approach.
- Must be flexible.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are required.