The following are symptoms of MDD:
- Long-term feeling of sadness or unhappiness
- Loss of pleasure in activities you once enjoyed
- Reduced sex drive
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Change in appetite (reduced or increased)
- Trouble thinking or concentrating
- Inability to make decisions
- Crying spells
- Thoughts of suicide and death
Generally, patients are treated with antidepressant medication and psychotherapy. If you or anyone you know are suffering from the previously named symptoms, please seek immediate help.
GenPsych PC, provider of top quality outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse services, stresses the importance of a healthy lifestyle. GenPsych offers a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Ptrogram which is a structured therapeutic treatment that emphasizes balance between acceptance and change. DBT helps reduce impulsive behaviors, such as suicidality, self-harm, substance abuse, eating disordered behavior, aggression, isolation, rumination, dissassociation, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
For more information on GenPsych’s revolutionary Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program, visit:
For more information on depression awareness, visit: