Healthy Eating And Living (HEAL) Program for Eating Disorders
Appointments: (855) 436-7792 | Request Form
We help you make peace with food and live a balanced, happy life.
Eating disorders are complicated medical illnesses that can seriously harm your emotional, spiritual, and physical health. Beyond being obsessed with food and body image, many individuals with this affliction also suffer from depression, anxiety, or other overwhelming issues.
GenPsych’s Healthy Eating And Living (HEAL) Program will help you break free from the debilitating rules and obsessions of disordered eating and thinking so that you can have a more peaceful relationship with food, your body, and your life.
The HEAL Program at GenPsych is a highly effective, research-based program specifically designed to help adolescents (13+) and adults suffering from Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Eating Disorders NOS (Not Otherwise Specified), and related disorders.
Our experienced, multidisciplinary team of eating disorder specialists–including therapists, dietitians, nurses and physicians–work closely with you to interrupt destructive behaviors, face your fears, and put you on a path to recovery.
Before entering our program, you will meet with a board-certified mental health provider for a comprehensive evaluation to determine the appropriate treatment for you.
Through individual and group treatment, you will decrease eating disorder symptoms, learn balanced eating, and develop healthy ways to cope.
Levels of Care
For your convenience and specific care needs, we offer two different program tracks:
- Partial Care Program is a full day, well-structured program that meets for 6 hours / 5 days a week, and includes two daily monitored meals plus a full array of specialized groups. Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (no morning offered), Tuesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Intensive Outpatient Program is a 3 to 3 ½ hour, 3 days a week treatment that includes one daily monitored meal, plus select groups to target key areas of recovery. Daytime IOP Hours: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; Evening IOP Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Multi-Family Group: We also offer a multi-family group every Thursday at 6:00 p.m. Here, caregivers and family members of those struggling with an eating disorder will actually join the group and learn the skills necessary to help support their loved one in the home.
Treatment in both programs includes:
- Meal planning with a registered dietitian
- Daily supervised meals
- Individual and group therapy
- Vital sign and weight monitoring with a registered nurse
- Medication management with a board-certified mental health provider
We will work closely with your primary care physician, behavioral healthcare providers, employer, school, and family members when needed to make sure you receive the highest level of consistent, ongoing care.
Participants receive education to foster recovery from their eating disorder, including groups such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Emotion Regulation, Relapse Prevention, and Body Image.
We also offer a wide range of supportive and creative therapies such as art, writing, and yoga/mind-body connection, plus education, support, and therapy for the whole family.
Your comfort, well-being and recovery are our #1 concern. We strive to create a safe, relaxed, judgment-free setting to give you a better experience and positive outcome.
Transportation is available to qualified program attendees.
Please note: The HEAL program is offered in our Brick location only.