Available at GenPsych Hamilton
Appointments: (855) 436-7792 | Request Form
We are dedicated to helping the unique stresses of military life in a safe, accepting setting so that you can return to yourself and your world.
Active and past military duty brings unique challenges, sacrifices, and stresses to service members and their families. It’s not uncommon to feel anxiety, depression, or other negative emotions related to your deployment, service, or combat–and sometimes these feelings can be hard to manage. Our Military Program uses proven methods to help you deal with these unique experiences in a discrete, safe setting without fear of being judged.
The Military Program at GenPsych offers treatment specifically designed for the unique needs of active duty service members and veterans from all military branches.
Our specially trained staff uses evidence-based treatment approaches that are based on the guidelines created by the Center for Deployment Psychology. We offer specialized programming that focuses on the common distresses that many of our military are faced with, such as insomnia, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anger, and feelings of isolation.
Our groups offer a safe place where our service members join together, get support and understanding, and begin to heal through the compassion offered by the staff and one another.
- Anger Management: this group utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to assist with how to identify sources of anger, how to utilize coping and grounding skills, and how to reduce aggression.
- Family Dynamics: this group offers a course that addresses the issues that arise in relationships with spouses, children, and family members that stem from multiple deployments.
- Reintegration: this group assists with topics that address the most common difficulties of reintegration back into a civilian world.
- Grounding and Containment Skills: this group addresses the need of necessary grounding and coping skills to assist with anger management and stress reduction and of the tools to begin to work through the course of therapy and address issues of PTSD.
- Combat Specific Trauma: this group provides extensive psycho-education on PTSD and its symptoms and provides an open environment for the discussion of combat related traumatic experiences.
- Creative Arts: this group exposes its members to various forms of expression. This group assists with communication of deep emotions that are difficult to find the words to express.
- Anxiety and Panic: this group will provide education and tools to manage the excessive anxiety that is related to those with PTSD.
Levels of Care
Before entering our program, each client receives a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation to determine any co-occurring disorders and determine the appropriate treatment plan for them.
- Partial Care Program is an intensive, therapeutic program that meets 5 ½ hours per day for 5 days a week from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Intensive Outpatient Program runs 3 hours per day for 3 days per week from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
We offer a wide range of group and individual therapies, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT).
We also offer family therapy to help loved ones cope with the challenges of having a family member on active duty.
Transportation is available to qualified program attendees.
We respect your service to our country and welcome the opportunity to serve you with a higher level of specialized care. Please note that program offerings differ by location.
Call 855-436-7792 or click to schedule an appointment