Bridgewater, N.J. (September 2013) – “The word suicide caught your attention, didn’t it? The truth is suicide catches everyone’s attention. It’s the actions that lead up to suicide that go unnoticed.”
In case you did not know, there are many signs that a suicidal person displays prior to completing their mission. Below is a list of important warning signs. The risk of these signs will vary based on the situation and the person.
- Talking about wanting to die
- Threatening to end their life
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
- Talking about feeling trapped
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of substances
- Acting anxious or agitated
- Sleeping too little or too muich
- Withdrawn or feeling isolated
- Showing rage
- Displaying extreme mood swings
80% of people that seek treatment for depression are treated successfully.
GenPsych, P.C., provider of top quality outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse services, stresses the importance of a healthy lifestyle. GenPsych offers a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Program which is a structured therapeutic treatment that emphasizes balance between acceptance and change. DBT helps reduce impulsive behaviors, such as suicidality, self-harm, substance abuse, eating disordered behavior, aggression, isolation, rumination, dissociation, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
For more information on GenPsych’s revolutionary Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program, visit:
For more information on suicide awareness and prevention, visit http://www.save.org