It may be helpful to start with an understanding that suicide can reveal itself in different ways.
- Suicidal Act (also referred to as suicide attempt): potentially self-injurious behavior with a nonfatal outcome for which there is evidence that the person intended to kill himself or herself. A suicide attempt may or may not result in injuries.
- Suicidal Behavior: A spectrum of activities related to thoughts and behaviors that include suicidal thinking, suicide attempts, and completed suicide.
- Suicidal Ideation: Self-reported thoughts of engaging in suicide-related behavior.
- Suicide: Death from injury, poisoning, or suffocation where there is evidence that a self-inflicted act led to the person’s death.
- Suicide Prevention: A strategy or approach that reduces the likelihood of risk of onset or delays the onset of adverse health problems or reduces the harm resulting from conditions or behaviors.
Don’t keep it to yourself. Talk to someone.
GenPsych PC is the premier New Jersey mental health outpatient treatment provider with various levels of care. We offer a Partial Care Program, Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Individual Outpatient services. GenPsych specializes in Depression Treatment, Anxiety Treatment, Eating Disorder Treatment and Substance Abuse Treatment.
We offer psychiatric evaluations, medication protocols, substance abuse treatment, group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy at all of our locations.