The mission of GenPsych is to provide individuals in the community with effective and efficient mental health and substance abuse services in a comfortable, safe, and supportive environment.
- We are dedicated to meeting the health care needs of our community. We work with our staff members to provide a continuum of high quality mental health care and life enhancement services for our clients.
- We manage our human and financial resources in a professional, prudent, and just manner; seeking to be an early adopter of new, proven technology, explore and develop innovative approaches to mental health care delivery, and conduct appropriate training programs for our staff members.
- We believe that when people are willing to invest in therapy and commit to learning new coping skills, the treatment provided will be of proportionate benefit to the population served.
- Our organization’s values: In all that we do, to all we serve, we promise care and compassion, dignity and respect, responsiveness and courtesy; we will strive for excellence, flexibility, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
Quality of care is to be expected. This is reflected by the care and services provided. Our focus is on the client. The client and family are of singular importance.
Transportation and Lunch
GenPsych provides free transportation at all four of our facilities. Availability of transportation is handled on a case by case basis. Lunch is also provided at no charge for any client in our Partial Care Program.
Goals of GenPsych Treatment
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management
- Referral, Linkage, and Follow-Up Services
- Psycho-educational Services
All services are provided by a licensed mental health professional, psychiatrist, or registered nurse.
Day and evening hours are available for individual and family therapy, as well as medication management between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) will occur during the day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. any three days per week. Clients who attend the IOP, which provides a variety of groups, will also receive individual and family therapy, as well as medication management. The groups will be facilitated by a licensed mental health professional, a registered nurse, or a psychiatrist.
Using a therapeutic milieu, we provide a non-regressive experience that emphasizes client responsibility and enables clinicians to support clients in returning to their baseline functioning.
An interdisciplinary approach guides the use of extensive treatment modalities and maximizes the therapeutic potential of all clinicians.
Operating in accordance with our philosophy, we will strive to:
- Retain the rights and dignity of all clients
- Provide diagnostic and treatment services
- Accomplish this work as expeditiously as possible
- Utilize treatment plans to guide therapeutic experiences that are highly individualized, behaviorally defined, and goal directed
- Utilize community resources to assist clients in maintaining stability in the community
- Maximize personal responsibility, preventing regression and maintaining effective function
- Identify and modify maladaptive behaviors by group, social norms, peer pressure, reality testing, and interpretations
- Value verbal expression of thoughts and feelings versus acting-out or internalizing such feelings
- Act as role models for clients to learn from their interactions how to postpone gratification, exert impulse control, and improve interpersonal skills
Important aspects of treatment provided at GenPsych include the provision of:
- Safety/Risk Management
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Process
- Client/Family Satisfaction
- Client Education
- Continuity of Care
- Termination Planning
Frequently seen diagnoses or conditions of client receiving treatment by GenPsych include:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse Issues