GenPsych Adolescent Program (G.A.P.)
Our Adolescent programs aim to help patients ages 13 to 17 struggling with various issues such as anxiety, depression, defiance, anger, bipolar and more. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to reach adolescents more thoroughly, leading to widespread change in areas such as self-esteem, behavioral issues and family dynamics.
Our therapists and doctors are in constant contact with families, schools and other important individuals in your teen’s life. Family roles and dynamics are major factors in recovery, which is why we treat the whole family. Parent support groups and family therapy sessions are mandatory parts of treatment. When the family is treated alongside the adolescent, we truly begin to see real change.
Each adolescent enrolled in our program receives a unique treatment plan designed to help them reach all goals in a timely fashion. A therapist is assigned to each individual to work with them one-on-one throughout their treatment journey. Medication management and therapeutic services are provided by our psychiatrists. As part of our services, we offer an on-site laboratory, which provides drug screenings as needed. Group therapy is also a large part of our treatment program. At GenPsych, we offer a wide range of supportive and creative therapies that help adolescents relate to and learn from one another. Such therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, art therapy, music therapy, wellness/mindfulness therapy, anger management, family therapy and many others.
We strongly believe that the element of family in an adolescent’s life plays a major role in providing successful treatment for each individual. Our regular family meetings and parent support group help to educate the family and better answer their questions and concerns.
By the end of treatment, adolescents leave GenPsych with a greater sense of self and an increased ability to handle life’s challenges
Before entering the program, each adolescent undergoes a comprehensive evaluation to determine the extent of any psychiatric issues. At this time, a level of care recommendation is made based on the patient’s symptoms. We offer services on a continuum of care to foster the best treatment outcomes and ongoing support for each patient.
The levels of care we offer:
- Partial Care Program is a full-day, 5 day per week structured program that includes 5 ½ hours of clinical treatment, including group therapy, individual therapy, and medication management. In addition to the clinical hours, adolescents also attend 2 hours of school instruction daily by State Board Certified teachers. Partial Care runs Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Intensive Outpatient 3-5 Day Program is a full-day program that offers 2 hours of education and 3 hours of therapy including group, individual, family and medication monitoring, Monday-Friday from 9 am – 2 pm. This program provides care for adolescents who are unable to function successfully in a school environment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program is a specially designed after-school program that runs for 3 hours, 3 days a week from 3:30 pm to 6:30 p.m. This track does not include school instruction. However, group, individual and family therapy is provided as well as medication monitoring.
- Enhanced Outpatient Program is provided to patients after completing our intensive out patient program to offer ongoing support fostering lasting stabilization and improvement in symptoms. Patients continue to attend one weekly group therapy session and individual therapy session, monthly family sessions are offered as is medication monitoring, if needed.
- Outpatient treatment provides patients with ongoing medication management and/or individual therapy. It is the least restrictive and longest lasting level of care and promotes long lasting wellness.
Please note: Program hours and days vary by location. Transportation is offered for qualified candidates.