GenPsych Adolescent Program (G.A.P.)
Appointments: (855) 436-7792 | Request Form
Adolescents require genuine understanding combined with structure in order to succeed. We have created a welcoming and judgment-free environment where adolescents can feel safe and comforted – allowing for positive outcomes in treatment.
The adolescent years can be an intense time, full of rapid physical, emotional and social changes. In today’s world there is the added pressure of constant scrutiny through social networking. Understandably, this can create severe emotional distress and lead to unhealthy behaviors.
At the GenPsych Adolescent Program, we are here to quickly intervene with a personal approach and high quality of care. Our therapists have extensive knowledge in adolescent development and psychology, which enables us to specifically design individual treatment plans to help young people thrive.
Take a Tour of Our Bridgewater Teen Suite
We help teens overcome their unique challenges at home, in school and socially so they can gain confidence, take control and stay on track.
The GenPsych Adolescent Program is an outpatient program offering both Partial Care treatment and Intensive Outpatient Programming. Our programs aim to help teens struggling with various issues such as anxiety, depression, defiance, anger, bipolar and more. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to reach these adolescents more thoroughly, leading to widespread change in areas such as self-esteem, behavioral issues and family dynamics.
Our therapists and doctors are in constant contact with families, schools and other important individuals in your teen’s life. Family roles and dynamics are major factors in recovery, which is why we treat the whole family. Parent support groups and family therapy sessions are mandatory parts of treatment. When the family is treated alongside the adolescent, we truly begin to see real change.
Before entering the program, each adolescent will meet with a Board-Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for a comprehensive evaluation to determine the extent of any psychiatric issues. We will then begin to create an appropriate treatment plan for that individual. Once admitted, each adolescent is teamed with a therapist that can best meet his or her needs.
Each adolescent enrolled in our program receives a unique treatment plan designed to help them reach all goals in a timely fashion. A therapist is assigned to each individual to work with them one-on-one throughout their treatment journey. Medication management and therapeutic services are provided by our psychiatrists. As part of our services, we offer an on-site laboratory, which provides weekly drug screenings as needed. Group therapy is also a large part of our treatment program. At GenPsych, we offer a wide range of supportive and creative therapies that help adolescents relate to and learn from one another. Such therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, art therapy, music therapy, wellness/mindfulness therapy, anger management, family therapy and many others.
We strongly believe that the element of family in an adolescent’s life plays a major role in providing successful treatment for each individual. Our regular family meetings and parent support group help to educate the family and better answer their questions and concerns.
The three program tracks run as follows:
**During the summer, please note that program hours vary at office locations. For complete summer program information, please call the office location directly.
- Partial Care Program is a full-day, well-structured program that includes 5 ½ hours of clinical treatment, including group therapy, individual therapy, and psychiatry. In addition to the clinical hours, adolescents also attend 2 hours of school instruction daily by State Board Certified teachers. Partial Care runs Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Please note that program times vary by location.)
- Intensive Outpatient Program is a specially designed after-school program that runs for 3 hours, 3 days a week from 3:30 pm to 6:30 p.m. This track does not include school instruction.
- Intensive Outpatient 3-5 Day Program is a full-day program that offers 2 hours of education and 3 hours of therapy, Monday-Friday from 9 am – 2 pm. This program provides care for adolescents who are unable to function successfully in a school environment. This track is only at our Brick, Livingston and Lawrenceville locations. (Please note that program times vary by location.)
Transportation is available to program participants who qualify. Please inquire for details.
Note: Program offerings and hours differ by location.
By the end of treatment, adolescents leave GenPsych with a greater sense of self and an increased ability to handle life’s challenges.
- Partial Care Program: 11 a.m to 3 p.m.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
*Evening IOP will discontinue during the summer
Call 1-855-436-7792 or click to schedule an appointment.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “oneinchpunch/Shutterstock.com”